- Instructor: Chomba Sindazi
- Duration: 10 weeks
Local Authorities Administration and the Law Course will provide participants with a better understanding of Zambian Local Government laws, legal nature, rights and duties of municipalities; Local Government in municipal monitoring and supervision; Laws Governing Local Government Administration; Composition, election and term of Local Government structures in Zambia. The duration of the course is five (5) days.
The subjects covered in the course are as indicated below
- Introduction to Zambian Law including the place of Local Government law
- Legal nature, rights and duties of municipalities
- Local Government in municipal monitoring and supervision
- Laws Governing Local Government Administration; Composition
- Election and term of Local Government structures in Zambia
- Basic functional activities of Local Government and municipal service delivery
- Personnel, staff and labour matters in Local Government
- Aspects relating to developmental planning and unique legal requirements.
Local authority administrators, government officials, legal and non-legal professionals, and non-governmental organizations with an interest in local authority administration and the law.
In order to get admission into this course, one must be a holder of a degree, diploma or certificate in a related field of study. However, they should be holders of at least a Grade 12 Certificate