- Instructor: Chomba Sindazi
- Duration: 10 days
This course teaches participants how to obtain, preserve and document evidence from digital electronic devices. The course equips participants with knowledge and skills on how to identify methods used and system vulnerabilities which can be secured to prevent loss or damage. It provides the relevant skill set needed to carry out high level investigative operations in an event of a breach. The duration of the course is ten (10) days.
The subjects covered in the course are as indicated below:
- Electronic Communications and Transactions in Zambia
- Computer Crime
- Basic Forensic Principles
- General Computing Principles
- Search and Seizure of Computers
- Collection of Evidence from a “Live” System
- Forensic Imaging and Verification
- Data Recovery and Analysis
- Investigative Techniques
- Extensive “Hands-On” Laboratories
The course is of particular interest to members of the public and all Information Technology Specialists.
In order to get admission into this course, one must be a holder of a degree, diploma or certificate in a related field of study. However, they should be holders of at least a Grade 12 Certificate.